Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Rachael.

Rachael is my friend. We do things together like trick or treating, we have loooong phone calls (Sometimes several times a day), we plan on getting together every Friday night for small group (We haven't done this yet. We keep on planning to. There was some communication problems, and then we decided that a Girls Night Out was way more fun...but this Friday! This Friday it's on), we have more fun than we "apparently" should at women's retreats, we make offers to watch each others (wild and out of control...) children even when we can hear said children screaming in the background during the phone calls, and we enjoy body modification (decoration?) together (I got pierced, she got tattooed).

So Rachael, there you go. I've mentioned you in my blog. Happy now?

Seriously though, I'm so immensely grateful for Rachael's friendship over this past year. She's been my listening ear, my crying shoulder, and my rock solid support. She is part of a group of women that I consider to be some of the best friends I have. I love them dearly, and I can't imagine doing this life without them! (I will blog about them next. I'm waiting for some pictures from Rachael...)

Now look. I'm all mushy. And squeaky.

2 comments:

rachael said...

A tad overcompensating perhaps but I suppose that flattery and/or un-before-mentioned heartfelt thoughts are always welcome! I love you too (and your screaming or not-so-screaming children!) Thank you...for everything! I've enjoyed the ride thus far and am looking forward to the rest... Friday...it's ON! Oh by the way, this is the first time I've signed up and/or responded to a blog, as much as, I'm sure you can imagine, it's been tempting before! I suppose all bloggers beware now and just know that you were my breaking point!

Sarah said...

Alright, I'm not doing good with all this Carpenter's church competition; I'll get tattooed with you; or pierced ... I bet Rachael doesn't even smoke cloves (actually, I bet she does) ... jokes aside, I'm so glad you've got some real girlfriends in your neighborhood; they are so so important in our line of work!!