Thursday, December 27, 2007

Christmas.

We had a wonderful Christmas! Our families (and some friends) spoiled us silly. We feel incredibly blessed to be surrounded by so much love!

We had a quiet morning at home, and a blast watching our children open their gifts. We only give three gifts (There's one main reason for that. It's our way of keeping the holiday focused on it's true meaning...three gifts for Christ from the wise men...fewer presents, so less focus on the material side of things...oh. And we're cheap.), so we spend a lot of time picking out the gifts and making sure they are things our children will love. Rory got her first "Big Girl" doll house! She's loving it, and watching her eyes light up when she opened it was so much fun! Tate opened his presents, but he was really much more into the wrapping paper and boxes! Tucker surprised me with an ipod nano. And it's green. So cool. I bought him a new watch and a hat. After opening our gifts, we headed out to my parents. My sister and her husband were there, along with my Uncle and Aunt and my Grandmother. My mom made a delicious dinner, and we enjoyed a lazy afternoon of eating, Wii playing and The Office (Do you watch this show? 'Cause you totally should. Funniest thing on TV. Ever.) watching. Good times!

Christmas Eve was wonderful! We spent most of the day at Josh and Phyll's house enjoying good food, many laughs, and great friends. They treated our kids to some amazing Christmas presents, and spoiled us a bit as well...thanks guys! You know how much we love ya!

After leaving the party, we headed over to the church for the service. It was wonderful! We had about 200 people show up, and the service ran smoothly. How The Grinch Stole Christmas was read, and then Jim gave an excellent short message based on the story along with a Gospel presentation. Tucker played some (Awesome and rocking...but, I'm biased) music, and we all ate some good cookies. It was really great to see a good portion of our congregation in the building at the same time. With the two services, you see some people on a Sunday, but not others. It was really nice. Also, people dress up for Christmas Eve. Who knew? Not me. I felt sort of out of place in my hoodie and blue jeans. That is until about four other families walked in dressed like me. That's one reason why I love our church!

All in all, a great holiday!

And, um, we're taking down our tree tonight. It's dead, and I'm super sick of vacuuming up it's stupid needles so my son doesn't eat them.


No comments: