Monday, December 24, 2007

Christmas Eve.

Some randomness:

-Our cards got here (Yay!). However, there's a mistake on them (Bummer). And since I'm such a procrastinator, and know that I could never return them and get new ones before this holiday season is over, you all get the mistake cards. It'll be fun. You can play "Spot the Hibbs Mistake" with them. Woo Hoo.

-We finally decorated the sugar cookies this morning. Better late than never, right? Tuck and Rory were so busy with this...
...that the sugar ones never got done. I'm sure you can understand why. That house is way cooler than our duck, star and people sugar cut-outs. (Hey. Rory chose the cookie cutters...)

-We've had our Hibbs Family Christmases for the past two days. We spent Saturday evening at my mother-in-laws and then Sunday afternoon at Tucker's Aunt and Uncle's house. Much fun was had! Tuck's brother Toby took some great shots of the kids. See?

-We realized this morning that Tate needs a cake for his birthday. Poor kid. I hope I get better at this Christmas/Birthday thing! So Tucker's going to be in the kitchen, baking away. We have no icing, though. Since we're staying at my parent's house Christmas night, we don't need the cake until Wednesday evening. Hopefully I can pick up some icing before then. Yeah. I kind of suck at this wonderful-mommy-birthday's-are-special thing. Hm.

-We gave the kids their Christmas Eve PJ's early today. We have a busy day ahead, and I wasn't sure when else we would be able to do it. Rory waited so patiently for all of us to be ready. She sat on the table, rocking and singing away until we all came over and let her rip into those gifts. Tate was just a happy little guy! Not so into the presents, but very into running around! And yeah. That's a plastic cookie. Because, you know, I would never give my kids cookies for breakfast...never...right?

-We're off to the Hendrie's (Of camping fame) for a rocking party. Looking forward to it! Then we're headed to the church for our Christmas Eve service. I'm excited for it this year! How The Grinch Stole Christmas is being read, then Pastor Jim is doing a message based on that. The kids should love it! Plus, we'll have cookies, paper and crayons on each table. If they don't love the story, they should at least love those! Tucker's doing some music, and then we're headed home. Once home, we'll be assembling the doll house we bought for Rory and stuffing some stockings. Good times.

Happy Holiday's!!

No comments: