Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Peep.

I love Easter. Yes, for all the spiritual reasons. Of course.

But really? For the candy.

Cadbury Creme Eggs? Oh. My. Word. I could eat those things all day long. (My good friend Rachael has somehow managed to stock her side room with these wonderful little candies. She tells me it's because of her husband's job and the free merchandise he gets. Sure. I like to think it's because she loves me enough to keep a room in her house stocked with candy year round. Yup.)

I love Jelly Beans. Especially the black ones. Not much beats them.

Except for Peeps. Peeps take the cake. Oh, how I love those little sugared marshmallows! Tucker and I have spent much time (It's sad, really, when we think about what we spend our time on...) perfecting the Peeps. We like to open the package for at least three days and get them to the slightly stale point. You know, a bit crunchy on the outside but still soft and marshmallow-y wonderful on the inside. It took a few packs to perfect this method, but now we have it down to a science. You can't just open the Peeps, you need to actually remove them from the package and let them sit out...

Anyway.

So, imagine my joy when I stumbled across this website. Dressed up Peeps! My word. The part of me (and I can't believe I'm about to share this deep dark secret of mine) that actually loves adorable things in silly outfits (think cute children and small dogs) is over the moon.

But then. Then I found this site. I am now slightly disturbed, but still loving it...

Hmm. Googling Peeps is way more fun than you think it would be.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

It's odd you just left this post as I'm unhappily eating a bag of my kids jellybeans that have no black jellybeans left.

Have you found that black jellybean fans flock together? They do. The peep thing I'll try. Thanks for the guidance.