Thursday, January 10, 2008

Gravy covered French Fries.

I had a coffee date with a woman from our church Tuesday night. I let Tucker take the kids home and do the whole bedtime routine after Ignite, and I headed out for some fun! (It should be noted here that Tucker does the bedtime routine almost every night. He rocks. So really, this was nothing for him. But I still appreciate it!)

Dawn and I don't know each other well. We've had many friendly chats, we always say "hello" when passing, we randomly comment on each others blogs, and I've really come to love her daughters who attend our Tuesday night event. But I've never spent much time with her one on one just getting to know her heart. It was really nice to have a chance to do that!

Dawn, thank you for opening up with me about your life, your joys and your sorrows. I'm privileged to know you. And thanks for the coffee!

Oh. And Dawn introduced me to French Fries smothered in gravy and covered with cheese. Did you all hear that? Smothered in gravy. Covered with cheese. My word. She's a good woman. (I have found, though my Google Image searching, that this wonderful food is known as Poutine. Tasty stuff, that. However, it doesn't look tasty. So, no pictures. Sorry.)

Anyway. Now Dawn is my gravy covered girlfriend. With cheese. (See this post for "Covered Friendships" information.)

1 comment:

Dawniev said...

You made me laugh out loud, in a huge way! That's a really scary image!

I feel just as fortunate to have had the time with you. I was still giggling on my way home. I will share my fries with you anyday! I admire you and Tucker for being who you are and your dreams. They will change this world!!

I am going to have to blog and call it...Two moms in Perkins so late that we had to pick our feet up for the vaccume. Some exciting life we have!

Hugs.. thank you!