Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Awesome.

We Hibbs had a busy busy weekend, and I'm planning on blogging all about it...but it requires that I scan in some old pictures from, oh, 1999 and earlier. Like, high school band geek pictures. (You've been warned.) So, you all will need to wait a day or so.

Anyway.

What's awesome is this. It's so cool to read about a family, a group of people, excited about the possibilities God has for our area. We need more church plants up north, and I'm thrilled to see the Lehigh Valley attracting the attention of one! I stumbled across this blog while reading Vince Antonucci's page. Tucker and I are reading through his book (Go. Get it. Read it. Okay?), and we've been loving his blog. So go and check that out, too. It's well worth your time!

I'm just excited to see God moving. Always!

1 comment:

LEHIGH VALLEY PROJECT said...

Hey there! This is Richie Merritt currently living in Virginia Beach, Va. I currently attend Vince Antonucci's church. I am the 1st homegrown church planter from the congregation!

My wife Karen and I will be moving back to the Valley in January 2009 and the anticipated launch date for the plant is on 20 September 2009. We are getting nervously excited! This is a parachute drop for us; but we are not unfamiliar with the area. Karen and I were high school sweethearts at Nazareth High many moons ago. We left the valley many years ago with no intent of returning; however, God in His usual way (great sense of humor He has!), had other plans.

Karen and I would love to connect with you both and pick your brain a bit about the culture shifts since we have left. Here is my info:
email: lvp2009@gmail.com
ph: 757-748-0002

Don't know when we will be up there, potential in September and then for sure in November for Thanksgiving. We make the annual trek each year and go to the Easton/Pburg game and have a big bash with her family.

Thanks for dropping by the blog and hope to hear from you both soon!

IHL,

Richie and Kaya