Thursday, November 8, 2007

Pain.

Should I ever meet Perry Noble, I may just walk around behind him nodding, with a sign that says "Yeah, that."

He might find that strange. Or awesome. Whatever.

Seriously. He just hits all the nails right on their heads. He words things very well, and really gets into the heart of the issue he's talking about.

I was hesitant to post this one, mostly because I don't want people to think I'm whining, or something silly like we're miserable. We're absolutely not! (Well, I do whine some, but I'm not whining here. Honest. You'd know if I was whining...) Anyway, I decided to post this because it really spoke to us...but really, more so to Tucker.

This past year has been an amazing one! Both wonderful things and awful things have happened. We've experienced immense happiness and incredible sadness. What's left in the calm moments, the valleys, like now, is just this: Joy and Pain. The joy is great, and the pain deep. We've learned (And what a lesson it was!) to embrace the pain and be open to learning amazing things from it.

Perry Noble addresses the pain part of it all...

*Nods* Yeah, that.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

I'll have to check out this Perry Noble.

The whole idea of "redemptive suffering" has been relatively new to me as well. I was raised in congregations with undertones of "health and wealth" theology.

Catholocism with it's books on the lives of the martrys and saints (to start) has been a real eye opener to how God uses really shitty circumstances to shape us. The bios always read "Saint So and So lived in a ditch for 30 years eating nothing but tree bark and then was skinned alive ..." At least I'm left thinking that I don't have it so bad.

Dawniev said...

Tucker and Steve turned me onto Perry a long time ago. He is really amazing. He hits it every time.

I just wanted to say thanks for sharing. I know what it's like to throw it out there and say it with a million and one "comments before the comment" because you don't want to offend or hurt anyone. When God speaks to your heart, we should not have to apologize for listening. Don't you think?
I would just like to say...Thanks again for sharing.

I have to say... it's been really awesome to be able to get to know you guys the past two years. And yes, they've been challenging but look at it this way...so many have come to know Christ because... because you were willing to speak what was on your heart! It's great!! Keep it up!