Sunday, July 22, 2007

Tuck.

Almost every night my husband and I sit outside and talk. I love this time together. We have the chance to connect, hash things out, or just be silly. We talk about the kids often, but we also deal with some heavy issues out there. We usually sit out no matter what the weather. If it's cold, we bundle up, and we even have this special thick blanket we cuddle up under (Trust me. That wool thing has seen better days, but we just can't seem to part with it. I even washed it once and shrunk it so badly that it's all bumpy. And more itchy. But still, we keep it. We're sentimental fools...). If it's raining, we open the garage door as we sit and watch the rain (Or snow!). When we were first married, we lived in Arkansas. I think we broke my parents heart with that move, but it was honestly one of the best decisions we ever made. We were forced to become our own family, and we learned a lot in that year! Like, Tucker really really feels passionately about toothpaste tubes and the way they should be squeezed. Those of you in church this morning got a little taste of that quirk, but I'm here to tell you that this is a huge issue. Huge. I think he was ready to walk out after the first week of sharing a tube of toothpaste with me. I'm a grab and squeeze kind of girl. Tucker? He is not. It got ugly. But back to Arkansas. There was this little park a few miles from our apartment that had these fun stone structures, and we would drive there almost every night to sit on the benches and talk. Even during the big ice storms. I can remember sitting on 3 inches of ice, freezing, drinking hot coffee and loving it.

We just came back inside. Tuck's watching TV and I'm sitting here. Life is back to normal. We were only out there for about 20 minutes, but they were the best 20 minutes of my day. I feel like it was a mini vacation, as silly as that sounds. I just can not stress enough how important it is to talk and be together.

I absolutely adore that man. I love his passion for life, his sense of adventure and his "immature" goofy side. I love the way he prays for our family, our church and our future. I love what a great father he is. He can always make me laugh, always make me think.

And I don't tell him all of this nearly enough.

So yeah. I love him. *insert silly mushy grin here*

No comments: