Friday, July 13, 2007

ipod Shuffle.


So this morning, I had to be at the church at nine. Tucker was staying home with the kids, and I was heading in to do much VBS prep (It's going to be an amazing week! Ye-Haw!). I hopped in the car (Not our car, mind you. We're still waiting for it's new engine and all that. But the great car Renee, our Children's Ministry Director, lent us for the week. It's nice. It's silverish. See now, this is the part where my father would roll his eyes and make some comment about how it's impossible to believe I grew up with him and still know nothing about cars. It's true, though. I really don't know much. In fact the only reason I know our current car is a Neon is because I've had to ask about it at the shop. Mechanics don't take too kindly to "Hey. I'm here to find out about the Silver car!". To my father's extreme frustration, I've always defined cars by their color. "Hey Dad. So-and-so got a new car." "Really? What kind is it?" "A red one!" Yeah.), and hit shuffle on the ipod. This can be an interesting thing to do with our ipod, since Tucker and I sometimes have vastly different tastes in music, and there's a bit of Rory's music on there as well. And just because you all should know, Raffi rocks. But anyway, the first song to pop up is one by Steven Curtis Chapman called Be Still and Know. Now, it's been years since I've listened to the adorable (Seriously. Have you seen him? Adorable fits.) Steven C.C. Probably not since high school. He's a bit cheesy for my taste, but for some reason, this song really struck me.

I'm not a naturally calm person. People seem to think that I am, but if not for the presence of Christ in my life, I would be a total mess. I really struggle with worry, fear, huge insecurities and failures. All of that can create chaos in my life. All of that does create chaos in and of my life. It was just a sharp reminder this morning as I sat and listened to the words of this song that I need to be still more often. I need to allow the Peace that is such a gift to my life come in.

So yeah. Here are the lyrics. If you can find the song, sit and listen. It meant something to me today, you know?

Be still and know that He is God
Be still and know that He is Holy
Be still oh restless soul of mine
Bow before the Prince of Peace
Let the noise and clamor cease

Be still and know that He is God
Be still and know that He is faithful
Consider all that He has done
Stand in awe and be amazed
And know that He will never change
Be still

Be still and know that He is God
Be still and know that He is God
Be still and know that He is God
Be still
Be speechless

Be still and know that He is God
Be still and know He is our Father
Come rest your head upon His breast
Listen to the rhythm of
His unfailing heart of love
Beating for His little ones
Calling each of us to come
Be still
Be still

Well. So much for the calmness. Rory just decided to take a bite out of a scented candle. *sigh*

No comments: