Saturday, June 30, 2007

Dead Car.

And...the car is dead. It needs a new engine, or something like that. I sort of stopped paying attention after the words "Yeah, I need to talk to you about your car. This sound right here (*bad bad bad knocking noise comes from engine*) is bad...". All I know is insurance will cover it, and it will all be okay. At least that's what Tucker kept telling me last night!

Anyway. It's going to take about a week to fix it/replace it, and honestly, if this was going to happen, it couldn't have happened at a better time. We're leaving tomorrow, and won't need the car for this week. Steven and Jen have very very graciously loaned us their second car until tomorrow (As well as giving us an adorable sleeping bag for Rory. That saved us some money!), and so today I can focus on getting what we need and packing!

I'm not much good at the whole packing-for-a-trip thing. I always forget something incredibly important, and have to make a midnight run to some random drug store that's open 24 hours. Seriously, every time we go away and get to our destination, Tucker makes note of the closest store. Hopefully this time I won't. It's going to be a bit more difficult to make that run with 20+ people in tow. Not to mention a bit more embarrassing...

Well, we're off tomorrow! I'm nervous about how my children will do (We've never gone away for this long with them.), and excited to see the students grow and be challenged in their faith! Big things are coming, and I'm so thrilled to be a part of them! See you all in a week!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey Cherie! I stumbled across your blog tonight and have thoroughly enjoyed reading your posts so far. :o) You are too funny, girl!